Who We Are : Our Story

Our Staff Our Location
Our Beginning

Schneider Funeral Home began as Short Funeral Home in 1920 and was owned and operated by Paul Short and his wife, Grace. The funeral home was the building on the left and the Short residence was to the right. In 1957 the business was purchased by the Norvell family, Norman and his wife Peg. To the west of the old bulidings use to stand First Christian Church and to the right on the corner use to be the old DX Gas Station.

Questions? Call us (812) 838-4331